A little bit about Global Ballooning
• Operating since 1992, proudly due to celebrate 30 years in 2022 with the same owner (Kiff Saunders).
• The largest balloon operation in Victoria - having flown over 100k passengers safety, with a fleet of over 35 balloons.
• Operating flights over Melbourne city & Yarra Valley, including breakfast & city transfers. Mansfield flights were re-introduced during the pandemic in mid-2021. GBA began operations in Mansfield in 1992 so it is great to be back in the area.
• Kiff (owner) is one of only a handful of Australia’s top commercial instructors to be made a delegate of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority. He is responsible for auditing & training commercial balloon pilots. He has trained many pilots who fly here in Australia.
• Melbourne is the ONLY major city in the world where you can fly hot air balloons over!! We can actually fly directly over the city but it depends on wind therefore sometimes we only fly around the city, but you always have a view of it.
• Yarra Valley (1hr drive from the city) & Mansfield (2.5hrs drive from the city) are some of the most picturesque regions in Australia
• Quarterly safety seminars are held to discuss current topics based on the time of year, emergency procedures etc. – GBA is the only ballooning operator to run these sorts of seminars, and this is tracked through CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority)
• We’ve proudly never claimed on our insurance, so rest assured that passengers are in very safe hands! • Award winning – having won the Hall of Fame for the Victorian Tourism Awards in the Tour Operator category • The only company in Australia to have an Easy Access Basket for people with a disability – has a door and a seat inside.
• Flights are scheduled 364 days of the year (not operating on Christmas Day) • Flights commence approximately 1.5hrs prior to sunrise & the experience lasts 3.5hrs for the flight only OR 4.5hrs including the breakfast back at the meeting location. The flight itself is approx. 1hr.