Careers at Amora Hotels and Resorts
Amora Hotel Group Job Openings
Who We Are
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney, a part of the Amora Hotels Group, is a 415 - room hotel located in the heart of the Sydney CBD, adjacent to Wynyard station. As a family - owned Hotel, with multiple Food and Beverage outlets, Conferencing facilities and recreational amenities including an indoor pool, a spa and a sauna, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding guest services whilst adding a personal touch to everything we do. To be able to provide this level of service and create a family-like atmosphere for all our guests, we practice the same family-like approach in the way we treat our Associates. We would like to be able to share this driven, fun and friendly environment with you so if this introduction has caught your attention, please read on!
We currently have a fantastic and challenging career opportunity for a motivated knowledgeable full-time Sous Chef to join our dynamic Team to ensure smooth Kitchen operations. You will provide leadership, guidance and support to the Team and maintain a positive working environment. Experience in high-quality Banquets, Catering and a la Carte services is required.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Oversee food production and presentation, ensuring high quality and consistency of food
- Assist in all sections of the Kitchen when required during service
- Assist the Head Chef in the management of the Kitchen's P&L
- Assist the Head Chef with rostering and ensure timesheets are reviewed and approved daily
- Assist in developing menus, buffets and specials whilst meeting the needs of the Hotel
- Ensure kitchen is ready and set up for service
- Supervise and guide Back of House Team during shift, ensuring quality and consistent output
- Be responsible for stock control
- Recruit, train, mentor and develop Team members
- Be business focused and entrepreneurial
- Have a hands-on approach
- Be able to handle up to 250 pax plated dinners and large cocktail parties along with assigned team of experiences chefs
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset and we provide excellent benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary duty meals
- Dry cleaning
- Staff events and monthly appreciation lunch
- Discounted accommodation throughout the Amora Hotels & Resorts
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you so please apply by summitting your resume via SEEK or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Sous Chef”.
Due to high volume of resumes, we will endeavour to reply in a timely manner to the short-listed candidates.
We hope to welcome you to the Amora Family!
Hotel Room Attendant
Amora Hotel Brisbane is a 296 room hotel located in Brisbane CBD a short walk from Central Station. Amora is a new brand for the Brisbane market and we are excited to share it with you.
We aim for excellence and believe in creating meaningful and memorable experiences for our guests and for them to feel welcomed like a friend and pampered like royalty, with a personal touch to everything we do.
We are recruiting experienced Hotel Room Attendants to join our housekeeping team.
We are seeking people who will go that extra mile to provide a memorable guest experience, and who are energetic and passionate about providing great service to our guests and ensuring all guest areas are presented to a 5 star luxury standard.
We currently have multiple Casual roles available in our housekeeping team.
Who are we looking for:
- Follow an assigned work sheet which may include servicing and cleaning guest rooms
- Report all maintenance and repair requirements and missing items
- Ensure store rooms and trolleys are kept neat, stocked and tidy with equipment in good working order
- Follow lost property and guest laundry procedure
- Handle chemicals, and equipment with care and according to Health and Safety standards and guidelines
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in cleaning Hotel guest rooms with a keen eye for detail
- Professional presentation and effective communication skills
- Availability to work rostered shifts across 7 days
- An ability to work effectively in a team and take initiative to complete tasks efficiently and professionally
- Visa holders require full Australian working rights with no restrictions
We offer a great working environment, uniforms, duty meals, hotel benefits and discounts.
If you are interested in joining the Amora Hotel Brisbane team and feel you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you. Please click apply now and attach your updated resume.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only successful applicants will be contacted
Night Manager - Full Time
The Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne is a 4.5 star hotel with 111 accommodation rooms.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Night Manager to join our Front Office Team. Your warm and welcoming smile, positive can-do attitude and a willingness to ensure that our guests have the most memorable stay are all attributes that come naturally to you. this role involves 5 Night Manager shifts overnight between 11PM to 7AM.
To be the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional guests service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness to use initiative and ability to solve problems
- A hands-on approach and to be adaptable to workplace situations
- Team orientated
- Great organizational skills
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent presentation and grooming
- Flexible working on weekends and public holidays
- Ideally, with previous Hotel Nigh Audit or Front Office experience
- Previous experience with Opera PMS will be highly regarded.
- Strong literacy skills
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Perform night audit tasks for the hotel up to the highest standards during night auditor shifts
- Perform check-ins and check outs
- Assist reception desk
- Answer guest queries
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of our great team and want to further develop your career in the hospitality industry then apply now!
Only candidates with no Visa Restrictions will be contacted.
Amora Hotel Group, an emerging luxury brand of hotels and resorts, stands apart by embracing a profound set of values. Our mission is clear; to become the most recognised, innovative, and trusted hotel group while delivering unforgettable, personalised service.
In the world of Amora, every team member becomes a part of our family. Our hotels, strategically located in Australia’s three largest capital cities and exotic Thai destinations, harmoniously blend traditional values with contemporary luxury and style. We consider it our duty and privilege to offer an oasis of comfort and opulence.
Team members are welcomed as family and treated like royalty. At our core, we believe in crafting meaningful working experiences steeped in family-like values, passion and warm hospitality are not just attributes.
Diversity is celebrated at Amora. We believe in the power of extraordinary individuals from varied backgrounds, experiences, and characters coming together. We hire based on fit, attitude, values, and personality, creating a culture that embraces everyone as they are.
We are committed to personalised service. We anticipate our guests’ needs at every turn and infuse each interaction with a memorable personal touch. Our close-knit supportive team enjoy their work, finding joy in the wonderful service they provide and creating that memorable experience for every guest.
We are dedicated to the growth and development of our people. Joining Amora means being part of a family that invests in you, trusts your capabilities and empowers you to excel in your role. We offer abundant prospects for career development and advancement, encouraging you to thrive in your employment.
Amora Hotels & Resorts – where values meet luxury – and every team member is welcomed to our family.
We hold personal responsibility for our own work and actions by
always doing the right thing to create a successful, open and honest environment.
We deliver meaningful guest experiences by providing outstanding
and personable service. We extend the same warm hospitality onto our colleagues and local community.
We are forward and progressive thinkers adapting new ideas to an ever-changing
hospitality industry. We like to be challenged and bring innovative concepts to our hotels
We make our people feel empowered to make decisions and take action. We encourage individuality but also a positive team culture which allows us to build a strong collaborative work environment.