We would like to reassure you that Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney is committed to the wellbeing of all its guests, visitors and hotel team. Please see below bulletins in relation to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates.
The World Health Organization advises that Proper Hand Sanitisation and practicing Personal Respiratory Hygiene (This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze) are the two most effective measures to prevent spreading and contracting the COVID-19. We also have taken the additional following steps to proactively manage reducing the risk of spreading the virus:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning in all Public Areas and Back of House areas in particular touch point areas.
- While servicing Guest rooms the Housekeeping team pays additional attention to surface disinfecting all touch points such as: light switches, remote controls, phones, door handles etc.
- We have purchased additional Hand Sanitizers and gloves for our back of house areas including Front Office, Housekeeping, Kitchen, Spa, the staff washrooms and dining facilities.
- The hotel is currently not at risk with regards to supply of goods or services for our guests. We are consistently monitoring supplies, cleaning stock etc. and have no concerns at this point.
- We follow the bulletin that is communicated to us by the Australian Government Health Department and the Tourism Accommodation Association (TAA).
We are working as a team to proactively and constantly remain up-to-date ensuring we are following all official guidelines and communication provided to us.
Advice from the Australian Department of Health
The Australian Department of Health has issued the following advice:
- if you have left, or transited through, mainland China on or after 1 February 2020, or
- if you have left, or transited through, Iran on or after 1 March 2020, or
- if you are travelling from the Republic of Korea on or after 5 March 2020, or
- if you have been in close contact with a proven case of COVID-19
you MUST isolate yourself at home for 14 days.
If you develop any symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness or shortness of breath) you should see a doctor for urgent assessment.
Our focus is to ensure a safe environment for our guests and staff. We ask that anyone who is at risk, according to the official advice, please refrain from attending the Hotel.
With your safety and wellbeing our highest priority, it is with sadness that we advise the following guest facilities have been closed until further notice:
- Croft Restaurant - Level 1
- Silo Bar - Level 1
- Business Centre - Level 2
- Day Spa - Level 3
- Pool & Gym - Level 3
Room Service remains available however, due to our lower than normal occupancies, we have a reduced menu selection. We have kept the most popular items, so we are confident you will find something right for you. We continue to follow the most recent Order by NSW Government, under the Public Health Act 2020, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to ensure we deliver the highest of safety and hygiene standards.
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health website for the latest updates.